Distance: 8.7 miles
Parking: Sunrise to sunset at designated trail-head only.
- From the Lakeside Ranger District office, travel northwest 5.3 miles on White Mountain Blvd. to the traffic light at the junction of Buck Springs Road.
- Turn left and proceed ½ mile to the junction of Sky Hi Road (Forest Road 182).
- Turn left and drive 1.9 miles to junction with Forest Road 187.
- Turn left onto FR 187; parking for Trailhead 2 is 0.1 of a mile ahead on the right.
- Parking for Trail-head 1 is 3.2 miles further down FR 187.
Highlights: This loop trail winds along Billy Creek, then ascends 600 feet through ponderosa pine forest to the top of Blue Ridge Mountain. This trail offers good opportunities to observe mule deer, elk, a variety of riparian and forest birds, including wild turkey and small- and medium-sized mammals, including Abert’s squirrel.
Connector Trails: The Little Bear Connector Trail on the southeast portion of this loop trail links to the Springs Trail, a short distance away. The Ice Cave Trail ties in on the northwest portion of this loop trail.